[linux-dvb] Re: Total sound loss during recording from ZDF. (fwd)

> Is there ANY configuration / card on the market that actually makes a
> perfect recording?

DVB-Driver 0.7.1 with VDR 0.68 and avpes2mpeg (or mplex)

I wrote myself some code to find&mark the beginngs and ends in the
VDR-File and then pipe those "parts" through "avpes2mpeg".

The result is "perfect" (No sync-problem and no mux-problems) and can be
played with "the hardware", xmovie & xine (Haven't tried any other)
without any problems, a friend of mine wasn't able to find a single
Windows-Software that could play those files "as is". (I wonder why every
Linux player accepts those files, but not a single Windows-Software) (But
the Problem can be solved with remultiplexing the file with mplex (As
described in the next paragraph)))

For a "current" PES-Stream i use mplex with

mplex -t MPEG2 -v 600 <...> for streams to be played with xmovie
mplex -t MPEG2 -v 300 <...> for streams to be played with "the hardware"
mplex -t MPEG2 -v 60 <...> for streams to be played with "Ravisent
                                                   DVD-Player(Windows)"

I don't know why all of the players i tried need a "special"
Syncronisation, but i can live with it as you can always remultiplex the
stream with the "right(tm)" Syncronisation-value.

Bis denn