[linux-dvb] Re: Using a low-budget card as a secondary card.

> Thanks for the hint, but PVAstrumento cannot understand the *.vdr files
> stored from vdr. (illegal stream).  Do I miss something?
>
>         Matthias
Which version of VDR did you use to record ?
I tested this with the "boot disk" version of vdr 0.5 by convergence (My first steps with VDR ;-). And those video files (only a few seconds - 30 MB or so) were converted by PVAstrumento 2.0.2. Okay you had to change the file-combo box so that *.* is visible - and PVAstrumento crashed afterwards (as it does sometimes under Windows 2000 - even with files recorded under windows - but thats another story :-) - but it had produced a correct .mpg which played fine - so this lead me to thinking that the format is compatible ! Maybe I was a little fast !?
But I thought both .pva and .vdr are the native format of the DVB stream - so what could be the difference ?

Okay we'll see in a few days, when installing my NIC I can copy the actual 1 GB files from VDR 0.7.1 to my Windows platform and try to convert them with PVAstrumento...

btw: Did the recording format change between vdr 0.5 and 0.7.1 ??

Martin.