[linux-dvb] Re: new Hauppauge Card: Using the Remotecontrol

Klaus Schmidinger writes:
 > Jochen wrote:
 > >
 > > Hi all,
 > > Is it possible to use the IR-Receiver (and the Remote) of the new
 > > Hauppaugecard with VDR or other Applications.
 >
 > To use it with VDR you would have to read the data from the remote
 > control (possibly via some yet-to-be-implemented driver feature)
 > and implement the necessary code in VDR's 'remote.c'.

There won't be such a driver feature in the immediate future.
Experiments with remote control code from TI failed with the
IR-receiver in my CI adapter (maybe it is broken, it is some pre-series
lab model from Siemens) and we do not have the new Hauppauge card.

Ralph