[linux-dvb] Re: Using a low-budget card as a secondary card.

On 17 Apr 2001 ma.hoff@bigfoot.com wrote:

> > Thanks for the hint, but PVAstrumento cannot understand the *.vdr files
> > stored from vdr. (illegal stream).  Do I miss something?
> >
> >         Matthias

> Which version of VDR did you use to record ?  I tested this with the

vdr0.71,dvb 0.8.2 Suse 7.1 Kernel 2.4.0

I converted the *.vdr to AV_PES
"ps2av_pes 001.vdr > avpes.mpeg"
and PVAstrumento recognized it and detected a 307ms Audio
delay (audio is too early) and some damaged video/audio frames.

The resulting file runs fine in window media player (no idea what filters
I have installed), the sound is a little bit noisy - I think a bad filter
in windows. The resulting file can played with vdr or
cat file > /dev/video , but you have some audio/video distortions.

Maybe the combination of ps2av_pes and PVAstrumento can heal the corrupted
ZDF-recording (discussed in the other thread here?).

        Matthias