[linux-dvb] Re: Using a low-budget card as a secondary card.

Matthias Weingart writes:

 > "ps2av_pes 001.vdr > avpes.mpeg"
 > and PVAstrumento recognized it and detected a 307ms Audio
 > delay (audio is too early) and some damaged video/audio frames.
 >
 > The resulting file runs fine in window media player (no idea what filters
 > I have installed), the sound is a little bit noisy - I think a bad filter
 > in windows. The resulting file can played with vdr or
 > cat file > /dev/video , but you have some audio/video distortions.
 >

 > Maybe the combination of ps2av_pes and PVAstrumento can heal the corrupted
 > ZDF-recording (discussed in the other thread here?).

Due to the very long PES that are transmitted by ZDF and other
stations there was an error in the early versions of the driver. They
have all been fixed (I hope). As soon as vdr works with the latest
driver version, there should be less problems.

Marcus

Dr. Marcus Metzler
mocm@netcologne.de                     http://www.metzlerbros.de
mocm@convergence.de                    http://www.convergence.de