[linux-dvb] Re: Using a low-budget card as a secondary card.

> > Which version of VDR did you use to record ?  I tested this with the
>
> vdr0.71,dvb 0.8.2 Suse 7.1 Kernel 2.4.0
>
> I converted the *.vdr to AV_PES
> "ps2av_pes 001.vdr > avpes.mpeg"
> and PVAstrumento recognized it and detected a 307ms Audio
> delay (audio is too early) and some damaged video/audio frames.
>
> The resulting file runs fine in window media player

Ahhh !
Then I guess the cause why my test with the 0.5 vdr worked was indeed the different file format !
Okay guys, all we need is a "on the fly" ps2av_pes and an linux-ported PVAstrumento afterwards - on the fly too of course :-)

But of course this way we are able to produce 100% sync MPGs, which can be cut and archived afterwards...
Does anyone know how to link two VDR files together ?
Can i simply concat them binary ? And is the resulting file exactly the same as broadcasted ? Nothing more nothing less ? Or are some frames missing ?

Then this would be fine, because cutting out advertises e.g. with M2Edit under windows can be done frame accurate - but you need 1 input file not 2 or three...

btw: Klaus: Did Wiljo respond something to your request ?

Martin.