[linux-dvb] Re: how to record?

"Marcus O.C. Metzler" wrote:

> As before, I meant to write /dev/ost/dvr. The output is a
> TS. tuxplayer also uses /dev/ost/dvr, but transforms the output to
> muxed PES.

Is that muxed PES the same format as is currently delivered by
the 0.8.2 driver via the /dev/video device? In that case, maybe it would be
better to make VDR do it just the same way instead of reading separate
video and audio streams and multiplexing them?

How is the quality of the resulting muxed PES? Does it have the same
glitches as the 0.8.2 recordings when replayed - or is it "clean"?

Klaus