[linux-dvb] Re: 23% free but ReiserFS seems to be full

Jörg-Oliver Todamm wrote:
> BTW, since 0.72 vdr seems to change it's behaviour when recording. With
> 0.71 vdr records either to video0 or video1, index / summary and the
> links to the stream where located on video0. Now vdr records one file
> (for instance 001.vdr) on video0 and the next on video1 with link to
> video0 and the next file on video0 again. Now my disks are filled evenly
> but my nightmare is that one disk fails and 100% of recordings are gone.

No, vdr has always been behaving that way.
I have already discussed this problem with Klaus
a while ago and suggested that a recording should
be continued on the disk where it started until
that disk is filled up completely. Klaus said he
wanted to look into it, but I guess everyone agrees
now that reliable recordings *with sound* should have
absolute priority.

I had two intermediate solutions for that problem:

1) I wrote a shell script that copies all files
   that belong together onto one disk.

2) I have bought an 80 GB disk and use it exclusively
   for VDR.

Of course, in the long run it might be better to fix vdr
as described above. But at the moment I'd prefer to
have my recording parts scattered over multiple disks
rather than watching a good movie for one hour and
having to watch the second hour without sound. ;-)

Carsten.