[linux-dvb] Re: AW: 23% free but ReiserFS seems to be full

Jörg-Oliver Todamm wrote:

> > Well reiserfs is not very reliable. There are several conditions when
> > deleting files or directories that disk space is not given
> > back.

I agree. It has happened several times to me that
I had to hit the reset button due to a system crash
and that reiserfs destroyed some files that were not
even open during the crash.

> > I would recommend using XFS available from
> > http://linux-xfs.sgi.com/projects/xfs/ which is more reliable even if
> > they still call it beta release.

Agreed again.
I have been using xfs for over five years now (under IRIX)
and even in its early days I never experienced anything
that was remotely as bad as what I see with the latest
reiserfs today.

At SGI's developer conference in San Francisco in March,
SGI engineers told me that XFS 1.0 for Linux will be
out very soon.

Carsten.