[linux-dvb] Re: Using a low-budget card as a secondary card.

> I should stress again that the file produced by PVAstrumento does NOT run
> smoothly with linux DVB 0.8.2! (too much video/audio drop-outs)
>  The remuxing done by PVAstrumento does not solve our problem.
Not totally :-)

> I think the
> special hardware (DVB-S card) works best with the stream produced by
> itself - or a special remuxed mpg that fits best to the timings required
> by the cards hardware. (the question is - what timings/packet sizes/packet
> orders are best for the DVB-S playback?)
To that point I totally agree with you, but I think the algorithm that PVAstrumento uses is the right thing we need: Try to find each puzzle piece of audio belonging to each piece of video (or so ...) by searching for the right PTS and put them together so that the resulting stream is 100% sync.
The packet size and stuff is another issue - these may vary between the optimal stream needed for DVBs Playback and for Windows cutting or what ever !
But these are 2 different things.
I guess the code from PVAstrumento could be easily adapted to the needed packet size and stuff...

I still hope Wiljo will at least contribute pieces of his code to the project...

So long...

Martin.