[linux-dvb] Re: Suggestion for channel tuning

Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> Everyone I talked to wants zapping to work as fast as possible.

Definitely!

> Our
> strategy is to set the PIDs immediately after tuning from stored
> values, and check them afterwards. This gives you fast access plus
> automatic update in case of changes. Also of importance is that some
> services have multiple audio channels, which you can select only after
> a PMT/SDT scan since the number of channels depends on the event
> currently broadcast.

I would *love* to see that in VDR, so I can for example
switch between the german dubbing and the original english
language when watching a movie - just like I can when watching
it from DVD.

I wonder what that means for recorded movies?
Should VDR record *all* audio PIDs and allow you to
select them during playback?
Should it allow you to specify one or two preferred
languages and select the corresponding audio PID(s)
automatically during recording?

Carsten.