[linux-dvb] Re: Suggestion for channel tuning

> I wonder what that means for recorded movies?
> Should VDR record *all* audio PIDs and allow you to
> select them during playback?
> Should it allow you to specify one or two preferred
> languages and select the corresponding audio PID(s)
> automatically during recording?
I guess it's the same as with the upcoming Dolby Digital Tracks available - so I guess in the future we need the possibility to select the desired audio stream(s) for recording - but the problem is, that we don't know which audio streams will be broadcast !? I guess we only know it when the recording actually starts - and what about recording two minutes before the movie - maybe just 1 audio track is there... So we get a file which contains 1 video and 1 audio in the first 2 minutes and after that there are 2 audio tracks and 1 video - I think this gives us some multiplexing changes in the middle of the recording.

I guess it must be some kind of pre-selection which has to be done, when choosing the timer settings for recording - hoping that these selected audio track will be available when the recording starts :-)

btw: Anyone read my other thread about vdr playback not smoothly ? Maybe someone can just say that its the same or that he hasn't the same problem. Then I know if I can do anything about it ! Thanks!

Martin.