[linux-dvb] Latest CVS - tuning changes/problems

Hi,

I checked out the latest CVS code yesterday morning (23rd April), and am
finding some strange behaviour with the tuning code.  I understand from the
changelog that the tuning code has changed.

Firstly, the driver wouldn't compile because of the unknown symbols
FE_COMPLETION_EVENT etc.  I changed this to QPSK_COMPLETION_EVENT - I hope
that made sense.

However, I am experiencing very different behaviour (with my old Hauppauge
card) than earlier CVS versions.  I should mention that I am testing the
driver on the satellite at 31W - this is a "feeds" satellite with most
transponders transmitting close together in the range of 10954-11019
vertical, SR 5632.  These transponders also only occasionally transmit a
signal.

If I tune to an active transponder, then it seems to work  But then, if I
tune to another, inactive frequency, then quite often, the tuner will stay
locked at the current transponder.  Is this now the desired behaviour when
tuning fails?

In addition, if, for example, I tune to an active transponder at 10959v, and
then try to tune to an active transponder at 10966v, then the tuner refuses
to move from 10959v.  Is this due to a kind of auto fine-tuning in the driver?

Also, it is now taking longer for the QPSK_COMPLETION_EVENT to arrive, which
slows down frequency scanning.  I understand that this is how it should be,
but can anyone suggest a way to perform a fast channel scan with the latest
driver?  Can I just ignore those events whilst scanning and use a short
usleep instead?

One positive point, though, my "Unknown error 769" error messages don't seem
to appear any more when I read QPSK_EVENTs.

Regards,

Dave.