[linux-dvb] Software decoding of DVB streams

Hi,

Apologies if anyone finds this slightly off-topic, but has anyone found a
Linux application that is capable of playing back DVB TV streams purely in
software?  I am willing to consider commercial products if they are good
enough and flexible enough - although obviously I would prefer open source.

If so, what hardware are you using to get acceptable performance from it, and
what stream formats (TS, PS (aka VOB?), PES, AV_PES) does it accept?

Thanks,

Dave.