[linux-dvb] Re: SOft CI

Yu, Jacob writes:
 > I think CI simulation on host is possible but dealing with CA specific
 > messages is tricky.  As said all CAS are proprietary so even someone can
 > successfully create a CAM without buying license this may cause fire from
 > the CA vendors.

Yes, that's exactly why we won't do it without good reason (which would
be having a license and a client who needs the soft CAM).

 >  If someone want to do CI stack implementation this will be
 > very interesting.

That's actually more complicated than a simple software CAM.
Taking the ECMs and EMMs, repacking them and sending them to a card
is quite simple. All this protocol overhead of a CI stack is much
more work.

Ralph