[linux-dvb] SOft CI

Johannes,

next to the illigal usage there is also a legal one. Actually I have the
problem that I don't want to pay for a Irdeto Module. I want to order
the Premiere Wold Service, that is only of use for me if I can record in
an appropiate way (to me this is 1:1 digital with VDR). This is because
I am not at home very often.

I am looking for a solution to use a legal CAM with a legal PW-Key Card
without the need to buy a CAM that has the Cardreader intergrated. To me
there is no need to simulate the CAM and generate the necessary keys
on-the-fly.

I guess this should be possible to achive with the information that is
available to the public or already reverse engineered by someone else.

Of course this project has to be strictly prove that it keeps legal, or
it will slip into problems that may end it.

What do you think?

My 2 Cents (EUR not $)

So long,

Joerg-Oliver Todamm