[linux-dvb] Re: Conversion to DivX...

    [ Your display is set for the "ISO-8859-1" character set.  ]

Hi,

first: forget, what I wrote about an homepage today -
it needs more time, than i thought.

Ok, now i write, how i did it:

The software i'm using is on the Linux side:

SuSE 7.1, Kernel 2.4.0
dvb drivers 0.8.2
VDR 0.7.1 with lirc
mplex from DVB package

In Windows I use:

Win 2000 SP1
FlaskMPEG 0.6preview with
Thunder.mism plugin
VirtualDub 1.4c
DivX 3.20
MP3 codec is the lame encoder

The first step on the Linux machine is to remultiplex
all MPEG2 files with:

mplex -t MPEG2 <infile> -o <outfile>

I wrote a little script, which does this for all files
of a film.
after that you have to rename these files to names like this:

vts_01_x.vob

where <x> starts with 1 and increments with every part of a movie.
We need this now for Flask:

On your Windows machine you have to start FlaskMPEG, after you
installed the Thunder.mism plugin (copy it in the Flask directory).
Open the "Open File" dialog and choose as "Filetype"
"Thunder dvd MISM (*.ifo;*.vob)".
Then choose the first file (vts_01_1.vob) of your movie and open it.
If all goes well, Flask now will open all parts of that movie and
displays the correct size of all files in the Job control window.

Choose your favourite settings in the options and setup your video
codec (I tried only DivX slow).
Use the lame codec for audio (i use 128kbit).
I had some problems with audio dropouts on some files with the
codec, which comes with DivX - at least i think, that was the problem.

Now start the conversion and wait... :-)

If you have questions or suggestions, feel free to ask me.

Mario