[linux-dvb] AW: How to write my own .dvbrc-File?

> Hello,
>
> I just read the channel-Files in the DOC-Directory to write my own
> .dvbrc-File.
> I canīt figure out  how to find/calculate all this IDs (SID, VPID, APID,
> PCRPID,...)
> I downloaded the Transponder List from http://www.ses-astra.com, but
> there are completely different Transponder IDs as in the original
> dvbrc.astra-File from the DVB-Package.
> For example, I want to add the "VIVA"-Channel (Freq 12.67, Pol:V,
> Transp. 116, Bit Rate 22000, FEC 5/6).

	[Hakenes Rolf]  The Transponder ID given in that Transponder List
has no meaning for the '.dvrc'-File. It is just an artificial index for
ASTRA transponders (beginning with 0 for the first (analog) transponder).
The ID needed for the '.dvbrc' is the so called TransportStreamID, which can
be derived from the DVB-SI data broadcasted on each transponder. It is in no
way sequential, but only a tag for a special transponder on a special
satellite. But as far as I know (I'm not a user of VDR) this ID is not
really needed to correctly tune a channel. For this you only need Frequency,
Polarisation, SymbolRate, ServicePID, AudioPID and VideoPID. To get this,
you can either look into the PID-tables at www.lyngsat.com, or use a
scanning program (which is not really on the market now for linux, AFAIK,
but there are some for Windoze).

	Regards,

	Rolf