[linux-dvb] Re: Want some more problems? (Was :Re: Re: Tuning/Decoder Problem with version 0.9)

On 29 Apr 2001 21:21:57 +0200, Massimiliano Perantoni
<liste@steely.dyndns.org> wrote:

> AMD Thunderbird 700 Processor

This means a VIA chipset is used.

> And now my problems:
> as other people noticed I have the same problems dealing with the
> driver, including that with 0.9-20010407 it seems to lockup the system
> in some conditions i.e., tuxzap changes channel, the driver locks uo and
> locks even tuxzap, I kill tuxzap and tuxzap kills the PC :-)... Luckily
> with SysReq key I succeed in making a clean reboot syncing, umounting
> and rebooting...

Why aren't you using VDR with the old 8.2 drivers?
They work reasonable stable.

> Updating all to the latest driver the thing that happens is quite
> similar to what other people report with 2 more things:
> I have an ASTON CIM for Seca decoding, and have a Seca card to decode
> Italian Bouquet channels: it works correctly on my Set Top Box, while it
> seems that it doesn't work on my PC, or at least very often it
> doesn't...

The ASTON CAMs are very unstable. The version 1.03 seems to be the most
stable one but still crashes occasionally.

> One more thing, that I think is related with the latest video4linux
> system inserted in the latest kernels: it seems that the overlaying is
> not exactly clean, as I have regular horizontal bars on the image, that
> desturb that motion of the images...

I have the same problem with a 700 Mhz Duron and the VIA KT133A chipset.
I haven't found any solution for it yet.

Emil