[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.80pre2 - another step towards NAPI

> I have uploaded the current status of VDR with the new API to
>
>   ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.80pre2.diff.gz

Congratulations, this one is *much* more stable than the last version. I
could to record a couple of shows and VDR neither crashed at the end of the
recording nor did it refuse to play back the recordings ;-)

However, I'm still having problems with channel swichting. If I zap too
fast, I will get a black picture and sometimes there will be an outcommand
error followed by an ARM reset. This probably has nothing to do with VDR
itself, but I cannot use the latest DVB CVS due to problems with the video
packet delivered (as Klaus mentioned). As a result of these tuning glitches
(?), VDR also has a lot of problems during EPG scans.

The data delivered on playback is mostly fine, except for seldom image jumps
and (more frequently) audio errors. However, I haven't been able to record
working audio from DSF yet (other channels I tried: ARD, ZDF, Pro7, Sat1,
RTL, Eurosport). On DSF, I only hear clicks and squeaks ;-) I extracted the
audio stream from the VDR file to play it seperately and the problem is
there, too. Does anyone else have problems when recording DSF?

Regards
hh