[linux-dvb] dvbd/dvb0 problem

Am trying to install latest DVB-0.9 drivers and dvbd daemon with 2.4.4
kernel on Slackware 7.1 machine. Driver installation went fine (once when
turning on i2c and videodev modules in kernel), however dvbd is now not
starting. As far as I can conclude from dvbd sources and my log files,
problem is in the fact that there is no dvb0 device on my machine. "GetFlags:
No such device" error message is logged from setmac() function (dvdb.c file)
and mentionned device name should be dvb_netdevice that is hardcoded to "dvb0"
in dvdb.h file. So, should I create node for dvb0 and how (what are major and
minor numbers of this device)? Or problem is something else?

Thanks,
Alex