[linux-dvb] Re: Suse 7.1 problem

Dieter Bloms wrote:
> Did you run "make modules" and "make modules_install" ?
> After that you can run "depmod -a" and the file should be there, if
you
> run your new kernel.

Yes I did.The problem seems to be that during the modules compilation
sometimes a directory Suse-2.4.2 and sometimes a directory
Suse-2.4.2-4GB is used, the first one does not exist and is not made.In
the compilation messages it is writen Suse-2.4.2"-4GB". So the
modules.dep file is there (in Suse-2.4.2-4GB), but there is no
subdirectory misc, and a most of the modules are not there.
Where does that "-4GB" comes from?

Jörg