[linux-dvb] Re: Samba and VDR

Hello Peter,

>I don't know it realy but i think the samba server has a char translation
>table or function. It translate char that can't show on windows machines.
>But have a look into the samba documentation.

I also did some searching with google, but found really nothing helpfull.
But this problem seems to be quite common, so there should be a solution
for this.

Maybe it is possible to patch the creation of the directory names in vdr?
I think this would be the best solution (at least for all windows users).

CU

Jens