[linux-dvb] Re: Recording Problems vdr 0.8pre4/ dvb 0.9-20010428

Robert Simons wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've got a problem with recording movies.
>
> Most of the time if i try to record something,
> the replay of the recording jerks along as if part of
> the frames are missing. There is also every few seconds
> a little `flicker' on the lower half of the screen, as if
> part of another frame got there.

Please try the more recent VDR 0.80pre5. I have done some
work on the buffering there.

> IT doesn't always have this problem.
> But if the recording is faulty, replaying it from start to end
> results in  `outcommand error 1' `ARM reset'.
>
> When i start vdr and go into the schedule menu the first time,
> i get `dmxdev buffer overflow' what does it mean? it is not logged
> in the logfile.

This is probably because of a lock that is set when the Schedules menu
is opened. During that time the EIT processor doesn't read any data
from the dmx device, and so there is a buffer overflow. I will have
to change the locking mechanism in order to avoid this. For the moment
I guess this can be ignored, because it is only the EIT buffer that
overflows, and that data will pass by again later.

Klaus