[linux-dvb] Re: Software decoding of DVB streams

Hello,

Yes.
I bought a NOVA a few month ago. I testet it with a new DVB driver. I did
cat /dev/ost/dvr > /tmp/test
and then translated the file two times with the mpegtools till I got a File,
that plays with PowerDVD.
I will try the programs Steve mentioned to play the TS direct. I wish that I
can play the stream from the NOVA on an other computer. So do you think its
possible to write the TS to a file on the NOVA computer and then playing it
at the same time on a other computer. So I can have time shift recording. Or
can the stream only be played if the file is written ready to disk?

Markus

PS: Can you, Steve, please mail your changed test_dvr program?