[linux-dvb] Re: exporting VDR files

On Sun, May 27, 2001 at 07:38:36PM +0200, Thomas Koch wrote:

> > mplex -t MPEG2 -v 60 ... (Ravisent & PowerDVD)
>
> mplex -tDVD works now when i play the resulting file with vlc or xine.
> But only at the beginning of the Movie the A/V is in Sync. After a while
> the Audio is too early (or the Video too late). How can i correct this?
> Why is it such a problem to get A/V in sync??

I don't have ANY A/V-Sync problems, even many hours long recording are
perfectly in sync till the last second. But i still use Driver 0.71 with
VDR 0.68 (Old but problem free (Except "stability", but reloading the
driver once a day is OK (for me))

> How can i convert the .vdr files into a readable Video format so that i
> can watch theese on my PC (e.g. with xine)?

.vdr files from VDR 0.70 or newer can be viewed with xine "directly" (just
rename them to .mpg (Or say xine to check for contents first))

.vdr files from VDR <0.70 or older must be converted from avpes to p(e)s
e.g. with "avpes2mpeg"

Bis denn