[linux-dvb] Re: mpeg2 with AC-3 Audio to mpeg2 with mpeg audio

Hi...

Ulrich Gierschner wrote:

> does anyone know, how to convert a mpeg2 stream with ac-3 audio to a mpeg2
> stream with mpeg audio ? The aim of the game is, that it can be replayed
> through the dvb card :-)
> The only way I can do it is to demux the a/v, convert the audio to "normal
> stereo" and recompress the audio-stream followed by multiplexing it again...
> But that uses so much diskspace and sometimes a/v is not synchronous any more
> :-(
> Any Hints ?

Just decode the AC3 data to LPCM and feed it to the DVB card. The sync
problem is negligible. Works fine here.

Bye... SP.
--
Szymon Polom                              GPG Key-ID 1024D/E6EA36F2
convergence integrated media GmbH         http://www.convergence.de