[linux-dvb] Re: TT-DVB-C Budget PCI - tuner doesn't work

On Wed, 23 May 2001, Ralph Metzler wrote:

>  > Because it was a bargain I bought a TechnoTrend DBV-C Budget PCI card
>
> I did not even know they have a budget cable card.

It's on their web side.

> Thanks for the patches. I'll see if I can find anything else which
> might need adjustments.
> While the demodulator seems to be the same as in the normal card the
> tuner might be a different on. The tuner type cannot be detected,
> it is set by the DVB driver to the only one it knows for DVB-C.
> Which chips are inside the tuner box? (But opening the box might
> void your warranty!)

Mh - there is no "warranty void if broken"-label ;)

Inside the tuner box is a SP5659, outside a VES1820 and a SAA7146A.

I found the SP5659 in the tuner list as DVBS tuner but I have no idea how
to adjust the parameters to fit to cable ...

Ralf

--
       An unbreakable toy is useful for breaking other toys.