[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.8 with SuSE 7.2?

> I am planning to install SuSE 7.2 (Kernel 2.4.4) on my VDR
> PC this weekend (received 7.2 yesterday in spite of the
> Heise news article that said it will be out on June 12th).

Do you have a subsciption? I got my update copy today, too [but I have no
plans to install it in the near future].

> Is anyone else using this combination (SuSE 7.2 or at least
> Kernel 2.4.4)? If yes, can you recommend it?

I think some V4L definitions changed in 2.4.4 and again in 2.4.5. That's why
I'm still using kernel 2.4.3 :-) But there are fixes in the current CVS that
make the driver work with 2.4.5. But most likely SuSE messed up the kernel
as usual, so it might work with SuSE's 2.4.4, too ;-)

> Which version of the driver works best with the latest VDR
> and Kernel 2.4.4?

For me the driver has become better over the past couple of weeks. I'm using
the current CVS driver and it doesn't crash very often any more (I have the
new Hauppauge DVB-S card).

Regards,
hh