[linux-dvb] Re: VDR 0.8 with SuSE 7.2?

Henning Holtschneider writes:
 > > I am planning to install SuSE 7.2 (Kernel 2.4.4) on my VDR
 > > PC this weekend (received 7.2 yesterday in spite of the
 > > Heise news article that said it will be out on June 12th).
 >
 > Do you have a subsciption? I got my update copy today, too [but I have no
 > plans to install it in the near future].

I didn't even get around to upgrade to 7.1 yet.
Can 7.2 at least handle upgrades of systems with newer reiserfs
versions now?

 > > Is anyone else using this combination (SuSE 7.2 or at least
 > > Kernel 2.4.4)? If yes, can you recommend it?
 >
 > I think some V4L definitions changed in 2.4.4 and again in 2.4.5. That's why
 > I'm still using kernel 2.4.3 :-) But there are fixes in the current CVS that
 > make the driver work with 2.4.5. But most likely SuSE messed up the kernel
 > as usual, so it might work with SuSE's 2.4.4, too ;-)

AFAIK the V4L interface only changed in 2.4.5 and in some AC and
pre-patches of course.
Since I don't want to start having tons of ifdefs for each pre-patch
and AC patch I'll only adjust to such changes at a real 2.4.x release.

Ralph