[linux-dvb] Re: AV7110 Datasheet

Christian Daniel writes:
 > I thought everyone on this list would have a copy of the datasheet. I
 > searched the archives in March and found a message telling that TI had
 > dropped the "confidental"-status on the info. I mailed to the named person
 > at TI and some days later I got it... If I knew you still were looking for
 > it I would have posted...sorry...

Hmm, yes, that's what I thought too.
Datasheets for all the other chips, e.g. the dual ported RAM or the
audio DAC, always have been freely available on the net just one
google search away.

 > BTW: the GNU C Compiler can generate Code for the ARM7. Just grab a recent
 > copy of binutils, glibc (or dietlibc) and gcc and start coding.

I have the DVB/driver/gnufirm directory in the CVS for several months
now which gives you the basic setup you need for writing a firmware.
Naturally, I cannot include sources to proprietary parts.

If you study the datasheet carefully you will also notice that, while
it says many things, it also leaves out a lot and refers to using
library calls for the details. This library is binary only, non-public
and is not usable with the GNU binutils.
So, good luck to everybody who wants to make a firmware out of just
the datasheet!

If you have even more ambition and want to run Linux on the card, you
should look into the uClinux kernel, which is the only one which
supports ARM without MMU. You still will have to patch it to
big-endian though.

Ralph