[linux-dvb] Re: Mplex doesn't work

On Sat, 2 Jun 2001, Roland Praml wrote:

> > Does this happeen with _any_ recordings made with VDR 0.80pre7, or only
> > with specific channels and/or programmes?
>
> I don't know, sometimes it happens, sometimes not.

Same thing here, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. It doesn't seem
to have anything to do with the recording or VDR's cutting mechanism.

Apart from that, the remuxed output file have remained useless for me so
far, because the audio/vide delay "drifts" throughout the file and mplex
only evaluates the a/v offset at the beginning of the file. So, in the
beginning, everything is fine but the delay increases towards the end of
the file.

I've been thinking about changing the behaviour of mplex so that it will
constantly monitor the a/v delay and insert silence or drop frames (like
PVAstrumento does under Windows) but my knowledge about MPEG streams is
very limited. If anyone already has a solution for this problem, I would
be glad to learn more about it ;-)

Regards,
hh