[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: Solved Problems in VDR 0.8 & DVB 0.9x ?

Klaus Wolf wrote:

> >Klaus Wolf wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi Folks,
> >>
> >> what is about the following Problems of DVB, VDR.
> >> Are they solved ???
> >>
> >> Problems:
> >> ---------
> >> -after a view switching of Premiere Channels the decyption fails
> >>  and only the last decypted channel will be displayes all other
> >>  cryptes channels are black from this time on.
> >
> >Do you have the CAM in your primary DVB card (in case you have more than
> >one DVB card)? There have been reports that once a recording has been
> >played back on card with a CAM, the CAM starts failing.
>
> i am using 2x dvb-s haupauge cards and i am looking over the dvbs with the
> ci interface (it is the 2nd card)
>
> >> -the movies donīt run smoothly. Sometimes the pictures "hang"
> >>  (eg. all 1-2 minutes) for a extrem short time and then continues 100%
> >>  (when I move backwards and replay the same scene, all is ok!)
> >
> >Does this happen only with specifc channels/broadcasts?
> >

> i am using 0.72 and have problems in the replays all channels!!
> i want to know if in vdr 0.80 all replay runs 100% smoothly ???

The "jerking" effect that affected almost any recording in the old version
is apparently gone (thanks to the new driver, there's nothing VDR did to
cure this). However, there is still a problem that sometimes the audio
gets lost while replaying. Stopping and restarting cures this, so the
recorded data appears to be ok. Looks like some channels have a very large
gap between audio and video, but I don't yet know whether VDR can do
something to fix this while recording...

Klaus