[linux-dvb] Re: Tuning with driver 2001-05-28

On Tue, 5 Jun 2001, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:

> > I could change the behavior of the filters so that they already free their
> > resources when they are stopped. (Several people already proposed this to
> > me). his would only brake applications which rely on filters being
> > available once they were opened. If I change the driver as described
> > above it could happen that an open but stopped filter cannot be
> > started again but if you prefer it this way I'll do it.
>
> If you ask me: Don't change anything.

>>  Another solution is to compile the driver with pids_off=1, right?

> It's an insmod (loadtime) parameter, it does not require recompilation.

Oh well, as insmod parameter it is ok. To make it clear:
using "make insmod"  ---> pids_off=0
using insmode by hand (no parameter pids_off) pids_off=1

That means if I do insmod in this way:
  insmod dvb.o init_chan=2 readfirm=1;
the tuning problems Klaus described (and I observed too) should not
happen? Btw. what is the purpose of readfirm=1?

(grep through the DVB src:
driver/Makefile:        insmod dvb.o init_chan=2 pids_off=0 readfirm=1; \
driver/dvb.c:static int pids_off=1;
)
        Matthias