[linux-dvb] 16:9 Output Question

Hi!

What would be the best way to enable 16:9 Output?
This is especially usefull since one gains a lot
of Quality on a 16:9 TV Set.

First Changing the Aspect of the mpeg2 File with
a tool based on mpegtools. 16:9 to 4:3

Secondly trying to change the driver to treat 16:9
the same as a 4:3.

Both leave the scaling to the TV set to avoid
quality loss.

I dont know if one of the above could work but
i saw a lot of "vertical scaling" stuff in
saa7146.c.

Im still on the old driver and a 2.2 Kernel,
newer driver and 2.4 Kernel chrash upon
insmod. (I m forced to use 2.2 anyway because
of ipsec for the near future)

The main Problem seems to be that the new
SuSE 7.2 Kernel is named 2.4.4-4GB the
Driver itself gets Compiled for 2.4.4
(without -4GB). a insmod -f crashes the Kernel.
But that just as a sidenote.(should be easy to fix)

Greetings
         Rolf