[linux-dvb] Re: 16:9 Output Question

Hi!

Emil Naepflein wrote:
>This should work. I hadn't time to try this but you could change the
>scaling in dvb.c for 16:9 to 133 instead of 177.

That dosent work! nor does saa7146.c the routine that calculates the
vertical scaling seems not to be called at all.
I guess the scaling is calculated inside the firmware. The only
Possibility then seems to change the ASPECT in the mpeg2 File itself
This will of course only work for recorded streams or DVDs.
I ll try that this evening. and let you know

>I asked this question already one month ago but didn't get any answer.

Seems to be a difficult thing, then

>I tried it with the ioctl VIDIOCSASPECTRATIO from VDR but had no
>success.

Didnt try that. but i didnt see a link between DVB card registers
in this case as well. So this may be a reserved thing for future use.
tomorrow we will know more.

greetings
         Rolf