[linux-dvb] Re: MPEG 2 - Program format

Hallo Roland,

Roland Praml schrieb am Wednesday, June 06, 2001, 8:56:11 PM:

RP> I am searching all over the MPEG 2 Format (especially PES-Format)
RP> I'll try to make a tool like PVAstrumento, that can handle VPTS and APTS
RP> correct.

As I wrote in an other mail, I tested much around with some programs
before finding PVAstrumento.
Try bbinfo from bbtools to get all info about a pes file (it can read
vdr files), and read the sources of mpegtools, they should contain all
the information you'll need.

The plan should be: Demux, drop some audio (mpeg1-l2) frames (playing
time is 24ms each) or repeat them (if audio is to not enough to fill the
"timeline"), and to drop or repeat video frames.
The timeline is the System Clock Reference.

I'm not good enough in programming C++ to make such a program on my own,
and I don't know enough of every bit in a PES stream, but if you have
"conceptual questions", tell me.

Bye,
Uwe.