[linux-dvb] Re: running vdr in a ram-disk

Axel Gruber wrote:

> > Hi all together,
> > Iīm using another aproach:
> > Diskless WS with NetBOOT Rom and the HDs in  the Server...
>
> > so nearly no noise in my living-room.
>
> > BTW.: I use a dedicated Ethernet Link to the Server (Full-Duplex) with
> > absolute no problems when Recording or Playback....
>
> How much DVB-CARDs do you have  ?
>
> Here with 4 DVB-s Cardīs the Network ist too slow...

Yes, i assume itīs too slow for 4 simultanious Cards..
but : I only need one Card in my living-room -- so others have to reside at
the Server....

I didnīt measure the Transfer-Speed of my network, but its definitely enough
for Recording and Playback -- didnīt test this simultaniously.

ciaou
    Harry