[linux-dvb] Re: AW: Re: Auto-shutdown after recording

On Wednesday,  6. June 2001 17:31, Jens Groth wrote:
> Hello Matthias,
>
> > You know the point where you switch off the power so a few Minutes before
> > that point you let "cron/at" execute
> >
> > (halt/init 0/poweroff/<whatever>)
> >
> > And the system will shutdown and your switching clock will switch off the
> > power supply.
> >
> > There is simply no problem at all. At least i can't see any problem.
> > (Maybe i'm blind <g>)
>
> Sure this is simple, but you have to enter the time for cron/at.
> I think a solution could be to write a small shellscript, which
> reads out timer.conf and adds the specific line for cron. For the
> future I was thinking of a switching clock which could be programed
> via serial line.
> So thinks should go like this:
> - Program VDR via OSD
> - Shutdown VDR by hand. This should trigger the following steps:
>   + run script to set cron jobs
>   + program switching clock (by hand or serial line)

vdr can call "shutdown -t 300" directly.
What happened to the RTC-programming to wake up ATX-boards?
-So vdr could program it's wake up-time itself as well.

> So the first stage should run without any additional hardware.

Yep, should work the above way - just add some shutdown-strategy to vdr
(something like "do not power down for less than x minutes" and "do power up
2 minutes before next recording" -those information can be gathered for
inside vdr)