[linux-dvb] Re: change VDR's replay buffer size

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> I sometimes also have this problem, and stopping/resuming replay always
> cures it. This also sometimes happens if you "pause" and then resume by
> pressing "pause" again. I doubt that this is a VDR problem, but let me
> know anyway if your test turns out positive.

My impression is that there are less image distortions with a larger
buffer but the audio drop-outs are still there sometimes. At first, I set
the buffer to 16 MB, but I had problems after switching from fast
forward/backward to normal playback: the replay wouldn't resume at the
point where I pressed the button (I hope you understand what I mean 8-).
I've now set the buffer to 4 MB.

Regards,
hh