[linux-dvb] Re: Bad pervormance with reiserfs

To complete it with my experiences (see below my first posting):
Readahead can be set only to off (=0) or on (>0 any value greater 0 works)
with my maxtor drive (readahead is set for the ide drive and depends
on the drive used? is this true?). With any value greater 0 it behave the
same: on playing a video the harddisk is accessed every 2..5 seconds
(hd-led) but sometimes harddisc transfer "hangs" for a short time and the
resulting video gap is visible (picture is frezed for one second). So
readahead enabled with reiserfs is worse!

        Matthias