[linux-dvb] Re: Prevent recordings from deletion

> > > i want to store some recordings that
> > > should never be deleted by vdr.
> > >
> > > My idea is to set the recording-date
> > > to the future, e.g.:
> > >
> > > 2100-03-25.18.10.99.99.rec
> > >
> > > Will this work ?
> >
> > chmod 555 <Dir>
> >
> > Then it is IMPOSSIBEL to delete anything with that dir. (I don't think
> > that Klaus has implemendet a function that checks the rights and sets them
> > "right(tm)" so the files can be deleted)
>

> If would see a file tagged as uneraseable, when it's mode is 400.

UNIX-Beginner?

For deleting a file you ONLY need permission to write the DIRECTORY. The
file can belong to "root" and have mode "000". You can still delete it. If
you don't have permission to write the dir you can't even delete a file
that belongs to you and has mode "777". (And you can't create new files.
You can only change existing ones)

> You can delete it anyway, but a dialog with the request to confirm
> before a delete would be nice.

I don't think a dialog is possibel in this situation. There are good
chances that you aren't "available" when VDR asks you if you want to
delete the recording.

Bis denn