[linux-dvb] Re: New version of vdr & driver

Ulrich Gierschner wrote:

> Hi !
>
> Since there is a new version of vdr published, which works only with the new
> 0.9 driver, I am wondering if the "Mpeg2" problem does exists any more.
> I mean the difficulties when working with vdr recorded mpeg streams (muxing
> probs, suddenly the audio disappears etc.)
> Is that solved to the new Version ?
> I ask because installing a new kernel and installing new driver/vdr takes
> quite a long time :-) and the Never Change A Running System fact  is against
> it :-)

>From what I can say so far, the latest CVS driver version together with
VDR 0.81 (which is VDR 0.80 plus a small patch from
ftp://ftp.cadsoft.de/pub/people/kls/vdr/vdr-0.81.diff.gz) records
and replays great.

I'm currently working on a few small issues and will release VDR 0.82 shortly.

BTW: Ralph, could you perhaps upload a new FTP archive with the latest driver
version? Maybe including the modification regarding "u16 mode=0x0320;" in
dvb.c? Apparently not all users are able to access the CVS archive...

Klaus