[linux-dvb] Re: Creating a small DTV distribution?!

i am newbie to linux! sorry - but i will try to get contact to Frank (fli4l)
to help me starting this projekt!
what we need is (i think):
- a 2.4 kernel with only the needed things compiled in it! (i think the
kenel can boot itself - so we need no lilo)
- support for xfs (i really want to build this on xfs!)
- some networkcard modules
- some lirc modules (for the Tekram IRMATE 210 is mine...)
- we will also need a programm to get any remote running with lirc and vdr
easy! (or we have to use all the same?)
- the dvb modules
- vdr or dtv (or both?)
- whats with dvd?
- to build this on a floppy we can forget (it will be much to big!)

optional:
- a samba server to export the /video diretory
- ????

cu engel

PLEASE SEND ME ANY TIPS U CAN SEND ME ;)