[linux-dvb] Help me setting up the applications tuxzap / gVideo!

Hi!

I tried to compile several versions of the siemens driver 0.6, 0.8 and 0.9.
I recompiled the kernel with i2c and video support.
And somehow I managed to compile the driver (make, make insmod) without
errors. And n-tv appeared on the screen.

However when it comes to the application tuxzap there is no ./configure file
in the DVB/apps/tuxzap directory. So I called ./autogen.sh but it printed
out some errors as follows:

autoheader: error: shell error while sourcing /tmp/ahd4JcMX/traces.sh
configure.in: 14: required file `./config.h.in' not found
./aclocal.m4:839: error: m4_defn: undefined: _m4_divert_diversion
acoldnames.m4:86: AM_PROG_INSTALL is expanded from...
./aclocal.m4:839: the top level

I also compiled gVideo but after starting itand reading the .gvideorc it
causes a "Speicherschutzverletzung" or Page fault.

I also tried to compile the newest driver (18.06.2001). But when I type make
insmod I get the following errors:

/usr/src/linux/scripts/pathdown.sh: TOPDIR: parameter null or not set
insmod: a module named dvbdev already exists
insmod: i2c-core: no module by that name found
insmod: videodev: no module by that name found
insmod: a module named dvb_filter already exists
insmod: a module named dmxdev already exists
insmod: a module named VES1893 already exists
insmod: a module named VES1820 already exists
insmod: a module named stv0299 already exists
insmod: a module named tuner already exists
insmod: a module named saa7146_core already exists
insmod: a module named saa7146_v4l already exists
insmod: a module named dvb_demux already exists
insmod: a module named dvb already exists
make: *** [insmod] Error 1

Apparently it complains about existing modules.
But how do I remove the old ones.

What worries me further is the line:
insmod: i2c-core: no module by that name found
I'm quite sure I have selected everything  containing i2c in the menu of
menuconfig. Once I tried to compile it into the kernel and another time as a
module (make modules;make modules_install). But this line is reappearing
every time.

I would appreciate any suggestions.