[linux-dvb] Re: Help me setting up the applications tuxzap / gVideo!

Hi,

>However when it comes to the application tuxzap there is no ./configure
>file
>in the DVB/apps/tuxzap directory. So I called ./autogen.sh but it printed
>out some errors as follows:

[...]

This gotta to be a question for the coder ;) (never really tried tuxzap,
just compiled it once and it worked).

>I also tried to compile the newest driver (18.06.2001). But when I type
>make
>insmod I get the following errors:
[...]

>Apparently it complains about existing modules.
>But how do I remove the old ones.
Exactly, just do a 'make rmmod' in the driver-directory

>What worries me further is the line:
>insmod: i2c-core: no module by that name found
>I'm quite sure I have selected everything  containing i2c in the menu of
>menuconfig. Once I tried to compile it into the kernel and another time as
>module (make modules;make modules_install). But this line is reappearing
>every time.

Ok, compile IC2 and V4L as modules and make sure, that your actual
kernel is used by linux and /usr/src/linux points to its source-code...
and don't forget to do 'make modules; make modules_install' after
building a new kernel, that will install the modules (i2c and v4l) to
/lib/modules/KERNELVERSION/

bye, reiner