[linux-dvb] Re: Video Disk Recorder version 0.82

On Saturday, 16. June 2001 17:32, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> The new version 0.82 of the Video Disk Recorder project
> is now available at
>
>     http://www.cadsoft.de/people/kls/vdr/download.htm
>
> - Requires driver version dated 2001-06-16 or later.
> - Increased timeout until reporting "broken video data stream" when
>   recording.
(*)
> - Increased amount of non-useful data received by cRemux before
>   assuming the recording will fail.
(**)
> - Support for recording two audio tracks (e.g. dubbed and original
>   language version).
> - Fixed a bug in the editing mechanism (didn't work with recordings
>   that consist of more than one data file).
> - The compile time switch VFAT has been fixed to recognize the ':'
>   character in recording names, too.
> - Setting all PIDs to 0x1FFF before switching channel.
> - New setup parameter "VideoFormat" to define the aspect ratio of
>   the tv set in use (4:3 or 16:9).
> - Fixed handling the case where the driver reports EAGAIN during recording,
>   but no data comes within 5 seconds.
> - Fixed EPG scanning on single DVB card systems.
> - There can now be two audio PIDs per channel, which can be toggled via the
>   "Green" button in the "Main" menu.
> - Fixed replaying in case the driver reports EAGAIN.
> - Now 'runvdr' checks if the driver is already loaded.
> - Fixed removing recordings with Lifetime = 99.
>
> Have fun!
>
> Klaus Schmidinger

Great! Now I can record Kabel1 with my secondary NOVA card - I guess, either
(*) or rather (**) solved the Problem I described in
http://www.linuxtv.org/mailinglists/linux-dvb/msg05069.html. Since cutting
works again, I do not need VDR 0.72 any more. Recording two movies at the
same time worked, too.

Benjamin Reichardt