[linux-dvb] Re: AC3 via S-PDIF

Hi,

On Jun 19, 18:09, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Subject: [linux-dvb] AC3 via S-PDIF
> circuitry appears to be pretty trivial (see for instance "elektor" 7/8 2000,
> page 37). And the actual data I guess would consist mainly of the AC3
> data stream as received from the transponder. The question now is: does
> that data have to be modified in any way (like adding a ninth bit,
repackaging
> or stunts like that), or is it just to be sent "as is"?
>-- End of excerpt from Klaus Schmidinger

I actually needs quite some repackaging. There is a description in the annex of
the AC3 standard. Do you want me to send it to you? But then you probably also
need the IEC958 (=SP/DIF) specification which I don't have. Perhaps you could
some of the existing code in the ALSA driver and libraries.

Peter

--
Peter Hofmann                  e-mail: junk@pxh.de