[linux-dvb] Question about Philips SAA7146A multimedia bridge

Valery Febvre writes:
 > In the application note DPC7146-23 of the Philips SAA7146A Multimedia
 > bridge, I have read this:
 >
 > Page 14:
 > With its two D1 ports it can provide simultaneous video-capture and
 > video-play-back capability.
 >
 > Page 28:
 > It makes clear that beside the video capture also the video play-back is
 > possible on the same structure.

 [..]

 > 4) first the recorder and after the dvdplayer
 >    idem 2)
 >
 > For me, it doesn't work. I can only tell that the video-capture has
 > priority on the video-play-back if it's used first.
 >
 > Can you help me about this hardware feature?
 > Is it a hardware problem or a Linux DVB-s driver problem?

I have no idea what this feature of the SAA7146 is supposed to have to
do with simultaneous recording and playback of MPEG2 streams.
Or what are you trying to do?
The dual ported RAM through which the communication with the AV7110 is
performed is connected to the DEBI port of the SAA7146. The YCrCb
output of the AV7110 is connected to one of the grahics ports of the SAA7146.

Ralph