[linux-dvb] Re: Incorrect transport packet header

Markku Leinio writes:
 > At 12:32 21.6.2001 +0200, Ralph Metzler wrote:
 > >You should use a section filter for filtering sections.
 > >We do not support conversion of section data back to TS data, only of
 > >PES data. What you are getting are TS packets which were reconstructed
 > >from the output of a hardware filter which delivers the TS payload but
 > >assuming this payload is PES.
 >
 > Well, I'm looking for a piece of code with which I'd be able to get TS from
 > the card (with these new 0.9.x drivers). It should contain all the
 > necessary information so that f.ex. ts_demux would work with that stream.
 >
 > I mean a stream like what I got with 0.8.2 drivers from /dev/video with
 > outstream=2 (TS) parameter for dvb driver. Is that possible with the new
 > driver? (I can't do dvb api very well (what is 'section data'?), I just
 > need TS for other purposes.)

With the 0.8.2 driver you also could not get correct TS packets for
PIDs with section data. PES streams (that's what we get from the card)
will be correctly converted to TS, including the payload start indicators.

If you want the original TS as it comes from the satellite you should
use a WinTV Nova card.

Ralph